Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Girls are Zero!

Yesterday was the girls actual due date so their adjusted age is zero! They're actually 9 weeks old.

We had a pediatric appointment yesterday to get some vaccinations. The shots made the girls cranky all day. They actually had us give the girls Tylenol when we got home to try to ease the pain a bit. They were not happy campers. They have to get two more vaccinations next week - one of which can cause a fever.

I have to say that I believe vaccinations are good, but I think we may be going overboard. The kids will get 15+ vaccinations in their first year. Merk alone is expecting their vaccine sales to top $18 billion a year. I get a little nervous when health decisions are mixed up with that much money. At least the FDA has made them remove mercury from pediatric vaccines. No matter what the FDA or drug companies would have you believe, injecting infants with levels of mercury that would be toxic to eat is a bad idea.

OK - I'll climb back down from my soap-box.

Sophia is now 7 pounds 12 oz and Mila 7 pounds 13 oz. They are catching up to where full-term babies would be at their age, but have a little bit to go.

Here's a photo of Sophia doing her best bodybuilder pose on her boppy. Both girls love the boppy, and it's easy for me to prop them on the couch next to me and kep an eye on them.

Here is Mila in hers.

No comments: